Σύμβολο του Αρντ
|This article is about the Σύμβολο του Αρντ in general. For its attribute tree, see Αρντ attribute tree. For its talent descriptions, see Αρντ (Ανάπτυξη Χαρακτήρα).|
The Σύμβολο του Αρντ is a simple magical sign used by witchers. It is comprised of a telekinetic thrust that can stun, repel, knock down or disarm opponents, as well as remove barriers and other objects.
|“||The so-called Sign of Aard, Ciri, is a very simple spell belonging to the family of psychokinetic magic which is based on thrusting energy in the required direction. The force of the thrust depends on how the will of the person throwing it is focused and on the expelled force. It can be considerable. The witchers adapted the spell, making use of the fact that it does not require knowledge of a magical formula — concentration and the hand gesture are enough. That's why they call it a Sign. Where they got the name from, I don't know, maybe from the Elder Speech — the word "ard", as you know, means "mountain", "upper" or "the highest". If that is truly the case then the name is very misleading because it's hard to find an easier psychokinetic spell.||”|
— pg. 309, Το Αίμα των Ξωτικών (UK edition)
Notes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- According to Ο Μάγιστρος, a short story in The Last Wish (collection), Γκέραλτ used Aard during his fight with the striga.
- In the short story Η Ερώτηση της Τιμής, Γκέραλτ uses Aard to stop the chaos during the banquet.
- Γκέραλτ sought to harm the djinn in the short story The Last Wish with the Sign of Aard.
Στο παιχνίδι The Witcher[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Aard is the first Sign Γκέραλτ 'learns' over the course of the game; one cannot finish the Prologue without it as it is necessary to break through a wall of debris to exit the witchers' laboratory. Its icon is based on the alchemical symbol for Air. It is the sign that the witcher uses the most. Outside of combat, Aard is most often used to clear a path, either by blowing down a wall or blowing apart a pile of debris. During combat it can stun, knockdown or disarm an opponent.
The witcher's skill with the sign is developed through the allocation of talents.
Mechanics[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- To use the Σύμβολο του Αρντ, right-click on the desired target
- Endurance is used whenever the sign is cast, if the overall level is too low, Γκέραλτ will not be able to cast the sign
- Tip: Knocked-down or stunned opponents are easy to kill with a single strike.
Examples of obstructions that are "Aard-able"[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Circles of Elements[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Circles of Elements dedicated to the Σύμβολο του Αρντ and bestowing the Blessing of Air include:
Notes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Early on in the game, it's a lifesaver, because it lets you insta-kill stunned and knocked-down opponents. Most Bosses (except for The Beast) are immune to stun and prolonged knockdown; they'll still fall down but will pop right back up before you can execute a finisher.
- There's no reason not to buy at least all Bronze levels of Aard. Thereafter, it's up to you; it's still essentially a Force Push, just a "better" one (wider angle with even greater chance to stun/knock down/disarm). Aard works fairly well for crowd control, but later in the game it is significantly overshadowed by Igni.
Η Τιμή της Ανεξαρτησίας[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
There are only two circles of elements in "The Price of Neutrality" and only one of them is for Aard. It has no special name.
Στο παιχνίδι για υπολογιστή The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Aard is a telekinetic wave that can throw back, knock down or stun an opponent. This sign can also be used to destroy obstacles, for example crumbling walls or stacks of barrels. When an enemy is in front of a cliff, casting the sign can throw them beyond the edge. Aard has an area effect when properly enhanced.