Campfires and fireplaces are found scattered about the landscape in The Witcher. They provide convenient and free places for Γκέραλτ to rest and also indulge in a little Αλχημεία. Most of these look the same, but some are a bit different. For example, some areas look more like roasting pits but still can be used the same way. Of course the reverse is also true, especially with fireplaces, most fireplaces are not "usable", but some are. Holding down the Alt-key will reveal any usable fire sources, along with anything else that is "click-able" in the area.
Fires that are already lit: When Γκέραλτ first enters an area, you will notice that all available campfires are lit. This is very handy in finding them (as are the maps). On subsequent visits, these fire sources are not generally lit.
- Left-click to enter Διαλογισμό mode.
- Make sure you have Πυρόλιθο (you can not use Igni)
- Left-click on a campfire or fireplace to ignite the fire with Πυρόλιθο and enter Διαλογισμό mode.
Dangerous areas / times of day:
- Make sure you have Πυρόλιθο or can cast Igni.
- Left-click on a campfire or fireplace to ignite the fire with Πυρόλιθο and enter Διαλογισμό mode, or right-click to use Igni and then left-click to enter Διαλογισμό mode.
- If you lack Πυρόλιθο use the Σύμβολο του Ιγκνι. If you lack both, then you have a problem! Find an Inn.
- Η Τιμή της Ανεξαρτησίας, campfires are referred to as "bonfires".
- There are no campfires in the Πρόλογος, but there is a fireplace which can be accessed from either the kitchen or the dining hall.
- two inside the Inn palisades
- near the abandoned huts east of the Merchant's bridge
- outside the crypt
- outside the echinops cave
- inside the southern cave
- two inside the Salamandra hideout
- outside the Hairy Bear Inn
- the beach (the are west of the ferry landing on the Dike)
- landing in the swamp
- brickmakers' village
- three in the non-human camp
- outside the Druids' Grove
- two in the Lumberjacks' Glade
- outside the swamp cave
- near the bodies of the hunter and the girl (north part of the swamp, not far from Wyvern Island)
- several in the sewers
- same as in Chapter II
- two outside the elven cave, one inside
- Murky Waters village
- by the Κύκλος των Στοιχείων near the naiad
- Berengar's campfire, off the road from the landing to the village
- four on Black Tern Island, counting the campfire on the tiny island where the boat lands
- many in the refugee caves
- north-east side of Cemetery Island (outside the cemetery itself)
- under the old bridge in the swampy part of the Old Manor (near the corpse)
- ruined village
- two in the catacombs (one by the Scoia'tael entrance and one by the Order entrance)
- almost every house that Γκέραλτ enters has a campfire burning inside (and usually one on each floor)
- sewers, outside the zeugl's lair
- the Cloister antechamber