After a long search through the swamp, Γκέραλτ finds a cloven Salamandra medallion, along with Berengar's belongings leading him to conclude that Berengar must be dead. However, in Chapter IV, Γκέραλτ finds Berengar, still very much alive just outside of Θολά Νερά.
Berengar and Γκέραλτ work together briefly, before Berengar explains why he left Kaer Morhen. He voices his disdain for the Witchers, whom he holds responsible for denying him a normal life. Later, on Black Tern Island, Berengar confronts Γκέραλτ with the intention of challenging him to a duel, forcing Γκέραλτ to choose once again, his next course of action.
If he spares Berengar, then Γκέραλτ will have an ally to aid in the final battle with Azar Javed. If he duels with Berengar (as Γκέραλτ tells Berengar, just before the fight), only one can come out alive and since the game is called The Witcher and not Berengar's Journeys through Temeria, he prevails. This leaves Γκέραλτ with Berengar's remaining belongings, which include a powerful medallion, so powerful in fact, that Azar Javed can not fail to notice it in the final battle.
Notes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
It is actually possible to prevent Azar Javed from killing Berengar at the end of Chapter V, but nothing happens between Γκέραλτ and Berengar if this is the case. When the player clicks on Berengar, the witcher says: "I needed time to think" as a normal NPC would do, no choice dialogues appear. If Γκέραλτ returns to the Laboratory in the catacombs of the Old Mansion, Berengar is still standing there as if the game never expected the player to prevent Berengar's death.
Συναφείς αποστολές[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Berengar is implicated in the following quests:
- Berengar's Secret
- Memory of a Blade (indirectly)
- Sweet Revenge
- The Paths of Destiny
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Vesemir mentioned a witcher who had left Kaer Morhen before my arrival. His name is Berengar.
- Berengar was seen in the Outskirts earlier. He agreed to kill the Beast but then disappeared. Did he fear facing the monster?
- I found out Berengar had dealings with Salamandra. I don't know whether he was their associate or enemy.
- Berengar remains one step ahead of me. He was in Vizima, where he was hired by Καλκσταιν the alchemist. Just like me.
- Berengar the witcher is dead.
- The early rumors about Berengar proved false. The witcher was working with Salamandra, and the Professor had ordered him to find Alvin.
- I finally met Berengar in the village of Murky Waters. A bitter and unfriendly outcast, he bears a grudge against other witchers. Apparently, I'm included.
- I had a serious conversation with Berengar, which left me with a better understanding of his experiences and motivations. Berengar seemed moved and decided to seek peace elsewhere, far away from trouble.
- Berengar wrote a letter in which he admitted that he was a coward, that he had collaborated with Salamandra and that he had betrayed Kaer Morhen. I was moved by our meeting — Berengar set off to Vizima to catch Azar Javed in a hidden Salamandra laboratory.
- if Γκέραλτ kills Berengar:
- After a tense conversation, Berengar challenged me to a duel. I had to kill him.
- if Γκέραλτ spares Berengar:
- This time it was Berengar who followed me. He came to my aid as I fought Azar Javed. Unfortunately, he perished, but his sacrifice was not in vain.
There is no additional entry to Berengar's character section if the player prevents Javed from killing him.
Βίντεο[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Gallery[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Berengar's journal images