By the King's Will
|"By the King's Will"|
By the King's Will is one of the first quests in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Walkthrough[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
After leaving your tent following a brief conversation with Triss, be on the lookout for crafting materials and herbs along the sides of the path as you head to meet the king. You can also earn a few orens by reminding the soldier standing at the bottom of the nearby hill that he owes you money.
Stopping by the training yard, you will find more crafting materialss and a few training dummies you can take down in order to gain the Experienced skill. Also in the yard there is your first chance to try out two of the mini-games, arm wrestling and dice poker.
Continuing on, you will find the King overseeing the artillery training on a nearby hill. Also Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen, an ambassador from Nilfgaard is introduced. After a few words, you are informed that Foltest has already recruited you to follow him during the assault. His aim is to reach his two children, Anaïs and Boussy who have been taken to the temple's solar inside the fortress. Foltest also shows you his new engine, a ballista, which he he is keen to try by shooting at Count Enzo Etcheverry on the castle's walls. If you succeed in telling him the correct angle to shoot from (which is 1.5 degrees, and espite Foltest's instructions, aim for the individual on the right.), you will meet fewer enemies when fighting during the next quest.
Eventually Geralt and the King enter the siege tower and the story of the attack continues with the "At the Fore" quest.
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Ever since Geralt saved Foltest's life, the king had been fond of keeping his favorite witcher close by his side. Thus, when the monarch laid siege to the walled town and castle of the mutinous Baroness La Valette, Geralt found himself whiling the days away a few tents down from the king's own, in the company of Triss Merigold — a sorceress, the witcher's lover, and Foltest's royal advisor. These were pleasant moments, despite the mild restlessness that plagued our hero. Finally, on the day of the assault, he was summoned before His Royal Majesty. And that is how his troubles began.
- At that time, King Foltest was playing host to Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen, the Empire of Nilfgaard's senior emissary. The monarch and envoy were conferring when Geralt arrived as the hour of the assault drew near. The confident king and the witcher — making the best of a tense situation — moved to join the king's forces in the siege tower.
- Propelled by the soldiers' mighty shoulders, the siege tower rolled towards victory. Green recruits shat themselves, veterans drank deeply from tightly clasped flasks, Foltest boasted and roused his troops, while Geralt struggled with a sense of foreboding.
Note[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- A few meters on the south to Triss' tent, Geralt can meet his old acquaintances, the Crinfrid Reavers. They propose him to solve a weird situation: they bet with a knight that a young man named "Newboy" would enter the battle with no armor but a "bauble", which they eventually give to Geralt. This conversation will unlock the side quest Melitele's Heart.
- Destroy the training dummies in the camp, in order to obtain the Experienced skill. You'll need to destroy 15 of them.
- If you imported a saved game from the original game, when you meet Foltest, he says that you saved his daughter, Princess Adda, who now is happily married to King Radovid of Redania.
- If you imported no saved game from the previous game, Foltest says that Adda died and that he has no more child except those two in La Valette Castle's temple.
- If you imported a saved game from the original game, and Geralt wore the Raven's armor, you start the game with that armor. Also any weapons Geralt wielded in the previous game are imported.
- The right angle to shoot Count Etcheverry with the ballista is 1.5 degrees (see the picture from Gamebanshee.com)