Carmen is the madame at the Eager Thighs brothel, located in the slums of the Συνοικία του Ναού, near The Hairy Bear. Her "girls" can be found plying their trade all around the Temple Quarter, and even on the dike. She, however, prefers to stay close to her base of operations, and so is usually found either directly outside the brothel, or just inside keeping the place tidy.
She has protection arrangements for her girls in place with the local underworld, but on occasion must call upon extra help with some of the nastier elements of the trade. Since Salamandra has moved into town, no one is safe. In Working Girls, she asks the witcher to help three of her girls who are being menaced.
She is one possible choice of guest to invite to Shani's party, though probably not a welcome one. That is all right, as it turns out that she is in love with a werewolf anyway, but she will not reveal his identity, in case Γκέραλτ decides to kill him. This leaves the witcher no other choice than to find out for himself.
It is not Γκέραλτ's investigation however, that reveals the werewolf's identity. A chance encounter in the restricted part of the Trade Quarter leads to the surprising discovery that Carmen's lover is none other than Vincent, captain of the City Guard. Once she realizes that Γκέραλτ knows that Vincent is the werewolf, she begs him to help find a cure.
Συναφείς αποστολές[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Beauty and the Beast
- Dice Poker: The Novice, as a potential opponent
- Old Friend of Mine, as a potential date
- Working Girls
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- I met Carmen, a prostitute from Vizima's slums. All the local strumpets value her opinion, and it could be said that Carmen is their representative.
- only if Γκέραλτ invites Carmen to Shani's party:
- I invited Carmen to Shani's party. She turned out to be quite entertaining, as I expected she would be.
- only if Γκέραλτ cures Vincent:
- only if Γκέραλτ kills the werewolf:
- I met Carmen in a strange house in the rebellion-ravaged Temple Quarter.
Notes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Carmen reveals that her real name is Hela in later conversations, which she claims to be too common.
- In the Epilogue, if Γκέραλτ has killed Vincent the werewolf, we find Carmen one last time at the safe house where she again calls the witcher a bastard for killing the only person she ever loved. She then reveals the story of how she became a Viziman whore. She was raped by Mikul and his fellow guards, which is how she got pregnant. That pregnancy caused her father, the Reverend, to throw her out onto the streets leaving her few options. She also refers to the Reverend as the "plowing Reverend", so there is even some suggestion of sexual abuse at the hands of her own father. If Γκέραλτ apologises for killing Vincent, she tells him that she may forgive him someday, but not today.
- If Γκέραλτ has cured Vincent of his werewolf affliction, a nun is present at the safe house instead. She informs him that Carmen and Vincent are now married and living happily. She then proceeds to tell the story of how Carmen became a prostitute.