- Also see the Ifrit Creative Group.
Ifrits or afreets (in Danusia Stok's translation of The Last Wish) are genies from the Plane of Fire. When summoned, they generally do not grant wishes, unless the summoning party wishes to die or to have someone killed. These creatures are undoubtedly intelligent, but mortals can not penetrate their minds. That is just as well, because their visions of an all-encompassing inferno would most certainly drive any human mad.
|“||Fiery columns, fires and explosions the work of afreets—||”|
Στο παιχνίδι The Witcher
|Ifrits inhabit the Plane of Fire; mages who have achieved mastery in controlling the element of fire are able to summon them and force them into servitude|
|Immune to most effects, especially to incineration; ifrits come from another world, but they can not be knocked down or stunned|
|Sensitive to silver and Specter oil|
|Float in the air; use fire in combat|
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο
- "An ifrit is a minor genie of fire, or, as some say, an elemental. It does not fulfill wishes, build palaces or make anyone rich, but it serves mages who research the element of fire if they can force the creature to be obedient.
- Ifrits can only be captured by a mage who intimately understands the nature of flames and has devoted himself completely to learning their secret. The creatures, with their connection to the element of fire, will judge their summoner and, if they find him worthy, will loyally serve him in all matters."
- The Last Wish
- In Chapter V, among the wounded on the streets of Παλιά Βίζιμα, there are female human "Nurse"s and/or elven "Paramedic"s. Sometimes Γκέραλτ can speak with them and they will ask for something. In return, any one of them will tell Γκέραλτ about Ifrits.
- In the Prologue, Lambert claims silver is best to use against "genies," but the conversation does not result in a bestiary entry for Ifrits, the only genies in the game.
- Also called Omen of Fire.