"Killing Monsters" is the title of a series of tidbits in the form of graphics and sound files that CD Projekt RED released to fans in advance of the publication of the third part of the Witcher computer game series: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt".
The giveaway began on June 10th, 2013, with the presentation of the debut gameplay trailer at E3 2013 in Los Angeles and ended with the release of "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Killing Monsters Cinematic Trailer" 14 August 2013.
|1||June 10, 2013||Wallpaper||Γκέραλτ on horseback in a gloomy, wet and cold environment|
|2||June 18, 2013||mp3||Sound file||Debut Gameplay Trailer Main Theme TW3, composed by Marcin Przybyłowicz|
|3||June 24, 2013||Wallpaper||Leshy|
|4||July 1, 2013||mp3||Sound file||The Beginning Main Theme, composed by Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz|
|5||July 8, 2013||Wallpaper||TW3 wolfhead logo|
|6||July 15, 2013||Wallpaper||Battlefield scene|
|7||July 22, 2013||Wallpaper||Γκέραλτ, ready to attack|
|8||July 29, 2013||Wallpaper||Fiend|
|9||August 5, 2013||Wallpaper||2 riders (Γκέραλτ and Vesemir) travelling through No man's Land during the war with Nilfgaard|
|Killing Monsters trailer||The making of "Killing Monsters"|
- The Goodies download page first appeared when the Debut Gameplay trailer premiered - and as with CDPR tradition, it contained a secret message.
- The list of goodies changed every Monday.
- The wallpapers were offered in three resolutions: 1920x1200, 1920x1080 and 1600x1200.
- The sound files were provided in two formats: MP3 and WAV.
- The last goody (dated August 12, 2013) was replaced on the Mini homepage by a counter, counting down to August 14th at 8pm. Ultimately, the goodie which appeared at approx 9:45pm was the Killing Monsters Cinematic Trailer.