The Physiologus is an ancient tome handed down from one village wise woman to the next. It contains descriptions of all the monsters known at the time it was written — which is not to say it is not comprehensive, and how to deal with them. Γκέραλτ obtains a "Booke" as part of the reward he receives for "dealing" with the deovel that was bothering the village of Lower Posada in the short story "Η Άκρη του Κόσμου". That "Booke" seems to be a copy of the Physiologus.
|“||The book bore the title Physiologus and was very old and very tattered. Ciri carefully opened the cover and turned several pages. The book immediately caught her interest, since it concerned mysterious monsters and beasts and was full of illustrations.||”|
— pg. 56, Οι Καιροί της Περιφρόνησης (UK edition)
- Cloud sprite
- Wind sprite
Στο παιχνίδι The Witcher
A legendary bestiary containing information on many monsters. This book is quite obviously a reference to the "ancient Booke" that appears in the short story "Η Άκρη του Κόσμου", the entry for the Witchman being almost a direct quote.
- This famous work contains vast information on different kinds of monsters
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο
- In Chapter III, the Royal huntsman describes a family heirloom book that lists all monsters as the source of his knowledge. While he does not mention the title, the conversation seems to refer to a copy of this book. Talking to the Royal Huntsman with this book in inventory does not appear to make a difference, however.
- When raining or early in the day you may have trouble finding the townsman that hands out the book, search the roads leading to the square.
- It may seem like the townsman simply gives this book to Γκέραλτ saying it will clear his debts with Leuvaarden, but no further explanation is given. Prior to the Enhanced Edition, if you checked your finances after that "gift", you would see that it had in fact cost you 1000 . With the Enhanced Edition, this unexpected cost has been eliminated.
- There is a real-world counterpart to this book, too.