|Συνοικία του Ναού|
|Γκέραλτ (after speaking with Thaler)|
|up to 3500 XP|
|Anatomy of a Crime|
Walkthrough[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Καλκσταιν is one of the most difficult suspects to clear of suspicion of collaborating with Salamandra. Many clues point to his involvement with the organization. His name is uttered by the Salamandra thug that the City Guard captured when that man is subsequently killed. He hired Berengar, and Berengar disappeared. He is an alchemist and many of the clues have a distinct whiff of alchemy about them. Things look bad for our friend.
It is from Thaler that Γκέραλτ learns that Καλκσταιν had previously hired Berengar. When the witcher asks the alchemist about this arrangement, Καλκσταιν admits that he had hoped Γκέραλτ would not find out about it. He then tells him that Berengar left a book behind and gives him The Book of the Kiss.
Later, however, during the autopsy, Καλκσταιν can easily wind up as the prime suspect, depending on the direction it takes. If the autopsy results end up implicating anyone other than Azar Javed, Καλκσταιν ends up as the apparent murderer of the crown witness, and by extension, a member of Salamandra.
Notes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Although it is distasteful to implicate a nice guy like Καλκσταιν, and he does get angry with Γκέραλτ and call him a fool, all is forgiven in Chapter III, so do not sweat it too much.
- To get the most XP possible for this quest, you must clear Καλκσταιν and tell him so before finding Raymond's body in the crypt.
- Extra XP: There are 300 XP available for finding 3 clues to Καλκσταιν's innocence. These clues are also starting conditions for the quest:
- Before going under, the wounded Salamander uttered Καλκσταιν's name. (100 XP)
- I have learned something important. Before he disappeared, Berengar was working for Καλκσταιν. (100 XP)
- Tell me more about your magic abilities. Azar often uses the skills of mages. He could probably use someone like you. (100 XP) Note: This clue can be gathered during Anatomy of a Crime quest.
- If you want to have ALL the suspects cleared before the (then completely optional) autopsy, ensure you've got all suspects but Καλκσταιν cleared. Depending on the order you 'checked off the list' Leuvaarden may or may not be the last before Καλκσταιν you'll have to clear of suspicion. Upon clearing the last of the group, the quest log will automatically update and refer you to Καλκσταιν to bring the good news. Note: while completely optional after this (you can confront Azar Javed directly when you've found out the truth before the autopsy), I highly recommend you do the autopsy anyway because it nets you some extra XP still. This also nets the most XP.
Phases[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Suspected Alchemist[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
There are certain clues indicating that Καλκσταιν, the alchemist, is somehow connected to Azar Javed. I shall talk to the alchemist, maybe I will find out more about it. I need to question Καλκσταιν the alchemist.
Lack of Evidence[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
I decided to give Καλκσταιν the benefit of the doubt for now. If he is guilty, evidence should surface soon enough. I will reopen the case if I find new evidence.
Guilty / Innocent[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|Guilty: Καλκσταιν is in collusion with Azar, I'm now convinced. I need to confront the alchemist. Kalstein is guilty. I need to pressure him. or|
|Innocent by deduction or proof: The evidence suggests Καλκσταιν's innocence. I should speak with him. I'll tell Καλκσταιν I've found proof of his innocence. (500 XP)|
Innnocent / Accused[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|Found Raymond's body: I told Καλκσταιν that the evidence I gathered proves him innocent. I earned his gratitude. I am now convinced Καλκσταιν is not working for Azar. (1500 XP) or|
|Accused Καλκσταιν: I told Καλκσταιν that I was convinced of his involvement in the Salamanders' actions. He hates me now, but he is too obsessed to reject my services. I can keep an eye on him for now and I will get him when the time is right. I should keep an eye on Καλκσταιν. (2000 XP) or|
|Cleared Καλκσταιν: I told Καλκσταιν that the evidence I gathered proves him innocent. I earned his gratitude. I earned Καλκσταιν's gratitude and gained a useful piece of information about Azar Javed. (3000 XP)|