|Συνοικία του Ναού|
Suspect: Vincent Meis
When Γκέραλτ meets Yaevinn for the first time in the Druids' grove, if the witcher accepts to deliver a letter to Vizima for the elf, he learns of Golan Vivaldi, a dwarven banker. This initiates the quest as Γκέραλτ is suspicious of the dwarf given that the money which was used to bail out the Professor came from Vivaldi and Sons bank.
Any conversations Γκέραλτ has with Golan after mentioning his Salamandra investigation are met with stoicism if not outright hostility. It is only after speaking with Zoltan about Vivaldi's bank that Γκέραλτ learns that the bank is now Vivaldi's in name only. Humans actually run it, so the dwarf could not have been dealing with Salamandra in this instance.
The witcher then informs the dwarf that he knows of his innocence and their relations return to a more cordial nature.
- It is not necessary to speak to Raymond at all about this quest.
- Completing this quest causes the Order armourer to stop doing business with Γκέραλτ if he was friendly before.
- Completing this quest causes the dwarven blacksmith to start doing business with Γκέραλτ if he was unfriendly before.
- If you conclude Golan is innocent based on the 3 clues the game (EE) is sometimes bugged and will treat you as if you had found Golan guilty (probably if you didn't believe Golan based on 1 or 2 clues). However the game will not reward you as such with the Order, since you chose the Golan is innocent option in the end. In other words the dwarven blacksmith will not do business with you and you will lose it if you had it without gaining business with the Order. If this happens, just clear Golan based on Zoltan, it gets the same amount of XP and is not bugged. Gather the clues but don't use them.
- Extra XP: There are 300 XP available for finding 3 clues to Vivaldi's innocence. These clues are also starting conditions for the quest:
- Vivaldi has a deep, obsessive hatred for Vizima and its inhabitants. (100 XP)
- The Professor escaped at the last instant. Someone paid a lot to arrange that. The transfer came through the Vivaldis' dwarven bank. Really clean work. (100 XP)
- Vivaldi and the Scoia'tael are corresponding. That might be valuable information. (100 XP)
A New Suspect
Lack of Evidence
I decided to give Vivaldi the benefit of the doubt for now. If he is guilty, evidence should surface soon enough. I will reopen the case if I find new evidence.
Accused / Innocent
|I'm now convinced Vivaldi is working for Azar. I need to speak with the dwarf. Vivaldi is guilty. I should pressure him. or|
|The evidence suggests Vivaldi is innocent. I should speak with him. I'll tell Vivaldi I've found proof of his innocence. (500 XP)|
|Killed Ramsmeat: With Raymond's help I managed to eliminate Ramsmeat and figured out Καλκσταιν. That closes the case. Vivaldi was not involved in it after all. After all, Vivaldi was not involved in all this. (500 XP) or|
|Found Raymond's body: I told Vivaldi that the evidence I gathered proves him innocent. I earned his gratitude. I'm now convinced Vivaldi is not working for Azar. (1000 XP) or|
|Accused Vivaldi: I confronted Vivaldi with the evidence against him. It tuned out that he hates the Salamander as much as he does humans. He is not working for Azar. This investigation led me into a dead end. (1500 XP) or|
|Cleared Vivaldi: I told Vivaldi that the evidence I gathered proves him innocent. I earned his gratitude and gained a useful piece of information about Azar Javed. I earned Vivaldi's gratitude and gained a useful piece of information about Azar Javed. (2500 XP)|