The kingdom of Temeria lies south of the river Pontar. Its neighbors are Redania, Kerack, Kaedwen, Aedirn, Mahakam, Lower Sodden, Brokilon Forest and Cidaris. One of the fiefdoms of Temeria is the dukedom of Ellander and the magical Thanedd Island, with a school for young female adepts of magic located off the shore of the kingdom. Temeria is the strongest (next to Kaedwen) of the Βόρεια Βασίλεια and played a key role in the war against Nilfgaard. Temeria is ruled by King Foltest and its capital is Βίζιμα.
Kings and rulers of Temeria
- Bienvenu La Louve
- Ragbard της Ellander (husband of Bienvenu)
- Hugo της Ρίβια (husband of Bienvenu)
- John Natalis (as interrex)
- Anaïs La Valette
First four coats of arms were designed by our resident heraldry and Witcher expert Mboro, based on the description in the novels.
This flag was created by our resident heraldry and witcher expert Mboro, based on the description in the novels.
Main cities and strongholds
- Βίζιμα (capital)
- Gors Velen
Στο παιχνίδι The Witcher
The Πρόλογος is set at Kaer Morhen (which is in Kaedwen, not Temeria), and the following chapters are all set in or around Βίζιμα. You are not free to travel around Temeria as you wish, the available locations change with each Chapter. There is no way to travel large distances to reach other familiar locations in the game world.
Nevertheless, there is a world map in the game, and examining it gives us a sneak peek at locations that might come into play in the future.
At the top of the map is Βίζιμα, with the Προάστια south-east of it, Παλιά Βίζιμα to the south-west, with the Νεκροταφεία Βάλτου and the Βάλτο further to the south. The Παραλίμνιο is just south of the Black Tern Island almost in the south-west corner of the Lake Vizima.
At the bottom left of the map you can see a cut-out which depicts the Βόρεια Βασίλεια. Presumably this means that other Βασίλεια may be visited in a possible sequel.
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο
- "Temeria's population is not exclusively human. It also includes dwarves, elves, gnomes and dryads. After the devastating war with Nilfgaard, many areas are haunted by monsters, which have hitherto not constituted a serious threat, while the realm's roads are made unsafe by outlaws and common bandits. As a result, the Μάγιστρος profession is once again in demand, though people continue to treat witchers with caution and disdain, often calling them mutants and freaks.
- The Kingdom of Temeria has silver lilies on a black background as its emblem. This powerful country has gained ever more influence in recent years under the wise rule of King Foltest. Across the Pontar River, the kingdom borders Redania. To the south and east it is hemmed in by mountain ranges, including Mahakam, the mainstay of dwarves and gnomes, past which lie the lands of Lyria and Aedrin. The capital of Temeria is Βίζιμα, lying on the shore of Lake Βίζιμα. The second largest city is Maribor. Temeria mints its own coin — the oren. The most widespread religions are the Cult of Melitele and the belief in the Eternal Fire. Temeria is home to the headquarters and many commanderies of the Order of the Flaming Rose."
Στο παιχνίδι για υπολογιστή The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο
Anyone who wishes to be considered an educated man rather than a common boor should mention Temeria first where the Βόρεια Βασίλεια are concerned. The realm's coat of arms is a black shield dotted with silver fleurs-de-lys, and its capital is Βίζιμα, where the Royal Palace erected by King Foltest stands. The country extends its protection to several surrounding domains, including the mountainous dwarven homeland of Mahakam. Currently Temeria's neighbors include the mighty Redania, the wooded Kaedwen, and Cidaris, known for the truly pathetic poetry of Valdo Marx, a troubadour unworthy of the title, for he chiefly devotes himself to besmirching the work of other, superior artists. Two other places in Temeria are essential to our story and thus must be mentioned. Firstly, north of Βίζιμα, near the White Bridge that links the Τράπεζες of the Pontar, stands the proud fortress and walled town of the La Valette family. Secondly, further up the Pontar lies the small river port and trading post of Flotsam. Both will prove important to the beginning of our story...
The term "Lilies" is use as a collective noun, likely meant to be derogatory, referring to the people from Temeria. A common phrase used by non-Temerian NPC enemies in The Witcher 2 is, "Plough the lilies!" The term most likely originates from the silver lilies in Temeria's emblem.
|Dezmod • Geddes • Gardic • Goidemar • Cedric • Griffin • Bienvenu La Louve • Medell • Foltest|
|Queens and consorts|
|Vinifrida • Vulpia της Brugge • Riannon • Adda της Cidaris • Berengaria Thyssen • Clarissa της Toussaint • Ragbard της Ellander • Hugo της Rivia • Sancia της Sodden|
|Other members of the royal family|
|Maria Pulcheria • Leticia Charbonneau • Amavet • Fiona • Adda της Temeria • Adda the White|