Vincent Meis is the head of the City Guard in Vizima, and in charge of the Συνοικία του Ναού. He has an extensive network of contacts including, but not restricted to, Thaler, Raymond Maarloeve and of course Jethro. He has a wry sense of humour, but overall seems to be a fair man. He can usually be located at his post, near the dungeon, but he has a nasty habit of disappearing at night and no one knows where he goes or what he is doing.
He is also a gatekeeper of sorts. He holds both the City Guard signet ring and a pass to the cemetery. If Γκέραλτ can prove his innocence in the Salamandra investigation, then the ring allows entry into previously inaccessible areas.
One of the many choices Γκέραλτ must make in the game is whether or not to trust Vincent. The witcher's first test comes when Vincent lets it slip that he will be meeting some Salamandra at a warehouse at midnight on the night the witcher is released from the dungeon. Γκέραλτ can take the hint and be there as well at the appointed hour, but he has no knowledge of what Vincent is really up to, so the situation must be played by ear.
If our hero chooses to trust the captain, he becomes a very useful ally.
- The Beast of the Sewers, a trophy quest
- Bloodthirsty Vegetation, a trophy quest
- Beauty and the Beast
- Lock and Key
- Prison Break
- Suspect: Vincent Meis
- The Crown Witness
- The Rat, indirectly
- Vizima Confidential
- Worth its Weight in Gold, one possible path
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο
- Vincent is the Captain of the City Guard and the main executor of the king's law in the Temple Quarter.
- It appears I've fallen into disfavor with the City Guard, or more to the point with Vincent himself. He thinks I'm hindering his attempts to break up Salamandra's network.
- On his orders the city guards are forbidden to talk about Salamandra.
- Vincent Meis was one of the few who knew that I was going into the sewers to kill the cockatrice and that I could only leave by the exit where I encountered the Salamandra bandits.
- The Captain of the City Guard is innocent. I have evidence to prove that he wasn't collaborating with Salamandra.
- Vincent is the Captain of the City Guard and the main executor of the king's law in the Συνοικία του Ναού.
- People say that it's impossible to get in touch with Meis at night. After dark, the captain vanishes into thin air.
- if Γκέραλτ kills the werewolf:
- It turned out that Vincent Meis had a dark secret. The Captain of the City Guard is a lycanthrope. As a werewolf, he roamed the streets at night and fought criminals. I decided the monster was too big a threat to the people of the city and killed him.
- if Γκέραλτ spares the werewolf:
- It turned out Vincent Meis had a dark secret. The Captain of the City Guard is a lycanthrope. As a werewolf he roams the streets and at night and fights crime. I decided that Vincent poses no threat to common folk and let him live, though he is in fact a monster.
- Carmen, a prostitute who is in love with Vincent, asked me to find a remedy for lycanthropy and I told her how to cure her beloved. Vincent is no longer a werewolf, so nothing stands in the way of his and Carmen's love.