"A Frying Pan, Spick and Span"
|Riverside north-west of White Orchard village|
Diagram: Blunt crossbow bolt
Torn-out page: Forktail decoction
5x Baked apples
5x Apple juice
A Frying Pan, Spick and Span is one of the secondary quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
During this quest in the house of the Old Woman you can also find Silver monocle which marked as quest item, though no quest immediately starts after its acquisition, so it may prove useful later. There are also some related, Burned papers on the floor near the priceless frying pan.
In fact this monocle belongs to none other than Thaler, which can be discerned from the style of the Burned papers. However, there is a bug in the game which prevents using the monocle for related conversation much later in the game. This can be fixed with a mod.
- Many think that the life of a witcher consists of nothing but adventure after grand adventure, an endless stream of contracts on manticores, bruxae and other exotic beasts. In truth, Geralt would often take on more banal tasks, ones lesser bards fear mentioning, for they lack the skill required to make a masterwork of the mundane. By way of example, once in White Orchard he was hired to retrieve a woman's... frying pan.
- A mysterious gentleman had borrowed the frying pan from a little old lady and not returned it. While investigating this damned unneighborly act, Geralt discovered the delinquent borrower had other, more serious sins on his conscience... murder, for example. The half-burned notes Geralt found in his abandoned hut made it clear he was interested in the movements of Nilfgaardian forces and confidential military secrets - in other words, the man was a spy.
- Geralt found the frying pan and returned it to the old woman. She was overcome with joy and gratitude - not only did she have her precious cooking utensil back, but someone had scrubbed it clean for her as well!
- Break into the locked hut
- Look around inside the hut for a frying pan using your Witcher Senses
- Search the hut and use our Witcher Senses to determine what happened there
- Return the frying pan to the old woman