"A Greedy God"
|south of Wastrel Manor|
|Dagmar and Preben|
|75 / 50 |
if Geralt reveals the hidden cellar he receives an additional:
A Greedy God is a secondary quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- In the backwoods of Velen Geralt came across an altar, and next to it - two troubled villagers. When asked the source of their worries, the peasants told Geralt the deity they worshipped - the awe-inspiring Allgod - had rejected the offerings they had brought him. The witcher was not a particularly gods-fearing individual, yet nevertheless promised that he'd intercede for the peasants with their deity.
- It turned out the revered Allgod was a run-of-the-mill sylvan, or, as the common folk call these beings, a deovel. The conniving beast had convinced the local peasantry of its divine powers and had grown fat on their offerings for decades.
- If Geralt goes along with the Allgod:
- The witcher's argument that demanding outrageously sumptuous offerings in a time of poverty and famine was immoral and unbecoming of even a false god did not convince the sylvan. Geralt decided he was not going to toss his pearls before this particular swine anymore and bid the Allgod farewell before continuing on his path.
- If Geralt reasons with the Allgod:
- Geralt convinced the sylvan demanding outrageously sumptuous offerings in a time of poverty and famine was immoral and unbecoming, even for a false god. The sylvan seemed skeptical at first, but after eyeing the silver sword on Geralt's back he decided he'd best not argue.
- If Geralt kills the Allgod:
- To Geralt's thinking, while the sylvan had not killed or even injured anyone, it was still a harmful parasite and thus deserved death. The witcher expected the peasants to thank him for freeing them from this horned huckster - but his rational approach to matters of faith met with incomprehension and horror.
- Talk with Preben and Dagmar about their "Allgod" and their offerings
- Talk with the Allgod through the statue
- Search the area and follow the scent of bad wine
- Enter the cellar and talk with the Allgod (25 )
- Geralt either can kill the Allgod or convince him to take also lesser offerings
- Geralt can tell Dagmar and Preben about the cellar or just leave them be and go on with their prayer (gives 50 )
- This quest gives Geralt a journal entry about Sylvans.
- If Geralt doesn't reveal information about cellar to peasants they continue worshiping their "god" and Geralt gets 50 from each of them as a reward. If he does, they gather near the entrance to the cellar curious what is hiding beneath... and will be found dead near it in the next few days.