|"At a Crossroads: Scoia'tael"|
At a Crossroads: Scoia'tael is a quest in Chapter I of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. This quest signifies that Geralt has chosen to ally himself with Iorveth. The corresponding quest for allying himself with Roche is At a Crossroads: Vernon Roche.
In order to complete this quest, go to the Elven Ruins that are conveniently nearby after finding a fatally wounded Cedric, and accept Iorveth's offer to aid the Scoia'tael by raiding the Prison barge in Flotsam. Beware this will cause you to lose favour with Roche, and his deadly Temerian Special Forces.
There is also a sepia-tone cutscene showing an encounter between Roche and Iorveth and the player controls Iorveth for a brief fight sequence. Once Vernon is knocked down, Iorveth refuses to kill him saying that elves never kill "the last of a dying breed" and leaves.
If Geralt gives Iorveth his sword during the quest "The Assassins of Kings":
- Geralt was at a crossroads. He had to save Triss Merigold, yet he was incapable of handling this problem alone. The witcher needed backup - a fact he knew all too well. After our discussion, it turned out he could ask either Iorveth or Vernon Roche for help, but cooperation with one excluded good relations with the other. Geralt went to make his choice. But did he choose Iorveth?
Possibly if Geralt does not give Iorveth his sword during the quest "The Assassins of Kings":
- Geralt was on a crossroads. He had to save Triss Merigold, yet he was incapable of handling this problem alone. The witcher needed backup - a fact he knew all too well. After our discussion, it turned out he can ask either Vernon Roche or Iorveth. Cooperation with the Squirrels excluded good relations with the Temerians, and on top of that Iorveth had to be freed from a floating prison first. Geralt went to make his choice. But did he choose the Scoia'tael?
- If you choose Iorveth:
- Yes he did. The witcher and the elf made a deal - in exchange for help in liberating prisoners kept on the barge, Iorveth pledged to take Geralt to Aedirn, the place where the sorceress in distress was.
- If you choose Roche (the quest fails):
- No he didn't. Our hero decided to cooperate with Roche. Rest assured, however, that the witcher will cross paths with the warlike Scoia'tael again.