|Nilfgaardian Army Group 'Center' Camp|
|10 / 50|
Blood Ties is one of the quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Geralt was asked for help by a Nilfgaardian noblewoman who was looking for her missing son, a Nilfgaardian soldier with a red hair, in the Nilfgaardian Army Group 'Center' Camp.
- Near the Nilfgaardian camp Geralt ran into a noblewoman from far-off Nazair. She had journeyed to the front in search of her son, a soldier. The woman was worried because her son would write her often, but at some point had suddenly stopped. No one in the camp knew what had happened to him, but the woman did not believe they were truly ignorant. She offered Geralt a reward for discovering the truth.
- It turned out the noblewoman's son had decided to desert along with some other disgruntled soldiers. A search party had immediately been sent after them. Some were caught and killed, while others managed to escape. Sadly, the woman's son was among those hanged. When she learned this, she was overcome with grief. The letter Geralt had found on her son's body informed her how monstrous war can be and how hard it is to judge the actions of the soldiers taking part in it.
- Talk to the quartermaster about the noblewoman's son
- Find Hrodeberth's body using your Witcher Senses
- Search the site for personal artifacts using your Witcher Senses
- Suggested level for this quest is quite overstated.
- Geralt earns an additional for successfully using Axii to make Tavar Eggebracht reveal the truth.
- The woman asks Geralt to tell her what he learns immediately, no matter how painful the truth is. She adds "I want no lies".
- You have a choice to tell her the truth, that her son was hanged as a deserter, or lie, telling that he died in battle.
- If you tell the truth to the soldier's mother, she'll read the letter aloud, which will reveal more details. Her son couldn't stand killing anymore and deserted after being ordered to kill defenseless prisoners (this connects it to the executed Redanian prisoners, that you can discover during Contract: Patrol Gone Missing quest).
- If you choose to tell the truth, and give her the letter, it will still remain in your inventory. It's probably a bug.
- If you lie to the Nilfgaardian woman about the fate of her son, the journal entry will be the same as when you tell her the truth.
- After the quest is complete, the Nilfgaardian woman will still murmur that she needs to know the truth, as if the quest is still in progress. It's probably another bug.