"Blood on the Battlefield"
|Automatic after Vesemir's funeral|
The Battle of Kaer Morhen
This quest is very important to Ciri's ultimate fate. The choices Geralt makes here have a major impact on the game ending.
- Ciri's explosion of power had frightened everyone, her most of all. Clearly these uncontrolled outbursts could not be allowed to happen again, and so when the sorceresses departed for Novigrad to gather the Lodge, Ciri, Geralt and Avallac'h remained at Kaer Morhen for a few more days. The Sage hoped to teach Ciri a few tricks for controlling her power.
- Sad to say, in the beginning her training was not progressing as hoped. Ciri had trouble focusing - rage and resignation would overwhelm her in turns.
- If Geralt tries to lift Ciri's spirits with alcohol:
- Though he desperately wanted to, Geralt did not know how to help her. The only idea that came to mind was to offer her some honest conversation over a few hearty glasses of something strong.
- If Geralt tries to lift Ciri's spirits with a snowball fight:
- Geralt, the wily old wolf, knew how to deal with this. Instead of hitting her over the head with some dry motivational lecture, he decided to resort to less conventional measures and... started a snowball fight. Pure genius! And what fun! Ah, how I would have loved to have been there... But no matter, the important thing is this moment of carefree respite worked wonders on Ciri - her discouragement slackened and she returned to her training with newfound verve.
- The next morning Ciri woke Geralt before dawn. She was wide-awake, a look of intense excitement on her face and urgency in her voice. What had brought her to this state? The prospect of revenge - she knew Imlerith would soon be attending a witches' sabbath on Bald Mountain. That would be their chance.
- Leaving the safety of protective walls behind them, Geralt and Ciri ventured to Bald Mountain to exact their revenge on Imlerith.
- If Geralt brings Ciri to the Emperor:
- Yet Geralt felt they needed to take care of other matters first. He had promised the emperor he would bring Ciri to see him, and intended to keep his word. Ciri and Geralt thus made a detour to Vizima.
- Talk to Avallac'h about what to do next
- Timed decision:
- "Think I know what might lift your spirits."
- Don't let the snowballs hit you (8)
- Defeat Ciri in a snowball fight (8)
- Make more snowballs
- "Relax. You don't have to be good at everything."
- Return to Ciri when you're ready to hit the road