The most powerful of all necrophages, the true king of the necropolis. A cemetaur spells certain death to anyone but a witcher. This is a well-known fact among grave robbers and all who live near battlefields.
In The Witcher computer game
|Cemetaurs are rare, they are found on battlefields and cemeteries just like other necrophages|
|They are immune to common poisons, resistant to knockdown and stun attempts|
|Sensitive to silver and Necrophage Oil|
|Cemetaurs try to knock down their victims and eat them alive. This provides an ideal opportunity to use the Black Blood potion|
- "Much has been written about ghouls and graveirs, since they are encountered by common people in times of war or in cemeteries. Cemetaurs are rare, but when they appear in a necropolis, they take it over. All ghouls respect them and must bow to them."
- In Chapter III, occasionally by the collapsed tower in the swamp at night
- Ancient crypts
- Crypt in the cemetery
- In Chapter IV, Geralt can speak with a "Peasant" in Murky Waters (using this model and normally found at the Inn) about Cemetaurs. The conversation does unlock Cemetaurs and their alchemies in the journal.
- In Chapter V, in Old Vizima after the fighting has stopped, a female "Refugee" (who looks like Grandma) will sometimes ask Geralt for food. In exchange, she will tell him a tale of Cemetaurs.
- The Tome of Fear and Loathing, volume II
- Cemetaur remains will not contain their jaws without this bestiary entry.