"Contract: Missing Brother"
|Mine southwest of the Border Post|
|Notice board / Bruno|
Diagram: Black Unicorn
If Geralt uses Axii:
Contract: Missing Brother is one of the contracts available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Missing: Mikel
- My true-born brother, Mikel, is missing. Anyone who finds him or at least finds out what fate has met him will be generously rewarded – and I'll slip a good word to the baron about you as well.
- You'll find me at the Inn at the Crossroads.
- Though Geralt had plenty of other worries, he had not forgotten about his trade – which is, let I remind you, slaying monsters. While striving to practice his profession he cam across a contract offering an altogether attractive sum in return for tracking down a certain missing individual. No mention of monsters, true, but Geralt had seen enough incidents of its like to suspect one might turn up – and besides, when it comes down to it, coin is coin...
- In my experience, mines either hold precious metals or (more frequently) deadly monsters. The latter, in the form of arachasae, were present in great abundance in the Velen pits. Geralt knew he had to annihilate them for good - meaning he had to kill the female and destroy all the eggs she had lain.
- Arachasae are incredibly dangerous beasts, but a witcher is not just some run-of-the-mill adventure seeker. In a bloody battle whose echoes could be heard throughout all of Velen, Geralt killed the old arachas queen and put an end to her vile line.
- Talk to Bruno
- Find the missing brother in the mine near the Inn at the Crossroads
- Explore the mine using your Witcher Senses
- Find out where the monsters in the mine are coming from using your Witcher Senses
- Use witcher Signs to destroy all the eggs (12)
- Investigate the arachas' lair using your Witcher Senses
- Kill the arachas
- Take a trophy from the arachas' body
- Collect your reward