"Contract: Missing Miners"
|Notice board in Blandare / Gjarr|
|150 / 50|
Contract: Missing Miners is one of the 16 free DLCs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Contract: Missing Miners
- It'll not come as news to most, but let me repeat for the ignorant: a few of our lads went looking for ore in the mountains and never returned. They must've run into trouble, and since those brave warriors couldn't handle it themselves, it must've been serious trouble indeed. That's why I'm looking for a brave man to go up and suss out what's become of them. Whoever does so will get gold to match his glory.
- -Gjarr, village elder of Blandare
- Young men from the village of Blandare had ventured into the nearby mountains in search of silver. It seemed their expedition ad taken an unfortunate turn, however – and the witcher was tasked with uncovering their fate.
- It turned out a rock troll had taken residence in the caves near Blandare. Though such trolls are, in a certain sense, reasoning beings, they are often unthinkingly cruel and violent in their dealings with men.
- If Geralt spares the troll:
- It seemed the rock troll was responsible for the Blandare miners' deaths. Though they knew the cave was inhabited and the troll warned them he did not take kindly to uninvited guests, the miners were not deterred. Greed had driven them to risk their lives for a few hunks of ore.
- Geralt decided that the troll had a right to defend its home and did not deserve to die. This naturally did not sit well with the villagers who had issued the contract, and they refused to pay the witcher a single copper. And so, not for the first time, Geralt walked away from a job empty handed, save for the solace of having listened to his conscience. (25 , 50 + 2x Silver ore)
- If Geralt kills the troll:
- It turned out that Odhen's son and his friends had not just gone missing, but had been murdered, torn to pieces by a fiend. Geralt arrived too late to save the boys - but just in time to face the beast who had killed them. Sensing that it stood no chance in this fight, the beast fled - but there's no hiding from a witcher...
- Talk to the village elder in Blandare
- Travel to the missing miners' camp
- Investigate the are around the missing miners' camp using your Witcher Senses (25 )
- Kill the rock troll
- Talk to the rock troll and decide his fate (25 , 50 and 2x silver ore for reasoning with him)
- Tell the village elder in Blandare what happened to the missing miners (100 )