|Burned Ruins (Cave north of Crow's Perch)|
|Notice board in Crow's Perch / Chet|
|?? / 176 |
|Scavenger Hunt: Griffin School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1|
Contract: Shrieker is one of the contracts available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- To Whom It May Concern:
- Let it hereby be known that whoever kills the shrieker, the monster that's wove its nest near Crow's Perch and has taken to killing both men and beasts, will be given a sizable reward. Take heed that she's a dreadful dangerous creature and killing it'll take a trained fighter, not just a pack of peasants with pitchforks.
- –Chet at Crow's Perch
- One thing about Geralt - he loves to meander. Instead of sitting in an inn near a warm stove, he is always putzing around fields and woods looking for gods-know-what. During one such stroll through the charming environs of Velen, he happened across tracks left by some kind of monster. Though he had no contract to kill any such beast, his witcher heart started racing at once...
- Not only did the people of Crow's Perch live in constant fear of the baron's mad impulses and the greed of his band of toughs, but they also had to deal with a vicious monster. They had given this beast a lovely, full-of-wholesome-folk-character name: "shrieker." It had tormented them so terribly that they had decided to pay for a witcher to take eradicate it. Geralt, who was far from deal to the concerns of simple folk (and also was forever in need of more coin), decided to take the contract on this mysterious beast.
- It turned out a cockatrice had left the tracks. As this beast's name implies, it looks something like a rooster crossed with a basilisk and, according to Geralt, tastes a bit like chicken.
- The cockatrice slain, Geralt took a trophy from its corpse and went to collect his well-deserved reward.
- Talk to the contract issuer
- Talk to the person who witnessed the shrieker's attack
- Go to the burned ruin east of Crow's Perch
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the monster's tracks
- Enter the monster cave and use the bombs to scare the monster out
- Follow the Basilisk (technically, it is a cockatrice) and fight it.
- Get the reward or show pity for the orphaned boy
- Geralt also can find a part of the enhanced Griffin Armor Diagram in a chest.
- If you calm down orphan Symko with Axii during dialogue, you'll get additional 40 .