|250 / 50 |
Better prices from the Pellar
- During his travels through No Man's Land Geralt ran into the pellar once more. The strange fellow had a favor to ask of the witcher. He wanted Geralt to help him perform a cherished local peasant rite known as Forefathers' Eve. During this ritual, he explained, lost spirits are summoned and their deeds judged - fantastic material, by the way, for a poet looking to make his name with an atmospheric ballad. This Forefathers' Eve was set to be held at midnight on Fyke Isle, and Geralt, having no other plans and his curiosity piqued, promised to attend.
- On Fyke Isle the pellar led the witcher through the arcane rites that marked the opening of Forefathers' Eve. Alas and alack, uninvited guests then arrived and threatened to break up the ritual before its conclusion. The witch hunters considered what the peasants practiced on Fyke Isle to be vile necromancy, and demanded they stop it at once.
- Abandoning his rule of not taking sides in others' affairs, the witcher chose to defend the ritual's participants. Predictably, this did not please the witch hunters one bit. A bloody fight broke out on Fyke Isle, and though it ended in victory for Geralt, it had a disastrous effect on the rest of the ritual.
If Geralt helps the pellar:
- Geralt had defended the peasants from the witch hunters' persecution, but spilled much blood in order to do so, sullying the sacred ground. Forefathers' Eve could not continue, but the pellar had one more request for Geralt. He wanted him to find and burn the body of Old Ambros. This man was the pellar's father, a cruel brute who returned from the dead to continue tormenting his son. Burning the body was a way to resolve the pellar's issues with his father and send the ghost of Old Ambros into the nether realms for good.
If Geralt does not help the pellar:
- As you can imagine, the pellar was not pleased by Geralt's indifference in the face of the witch hunters' persecution. Many a bitter word was uttered and then each went his own way.
- Meet the pellar in the stone circle on Fyke Isle at midnight
- Protect the ritual's participants
- Defeat the witch hunters
- Defeat the wraiths (200 )
- Find the body of the pellar's father in the swamps using you Witcher Senses
- Burn the pellar's father's body
- Talk to the pellar (50 )