Localization of Gors Velen on CD Projekt RED map
|City built on elven ruins|
|On the coast near Thanedd Isle and Hirundum|
Gors Velen is a port city on the northern coast of the North Sea in Temeria. It is just east of the Cidaris, south of Oxenfurt and northwest of Dorian. The forest of Brokilon lies immediately to the south of the city.
Kardo Street runs through the city connecting the Main gate to the Sea gate. The town is also well known for its fish market on Circle Street, whose strong aromas attract the local cat population. In the centre of the market stands the "Thief's Bastion".
- Town Hall, with its golden weathervane.
- Fish market
- Molnar Bank
- Thanedd Isle
- The Unlaced Corset
- The Silver Heron, the finest tavern in town.
- Thief's Bastion
- Goldsmiths' Alley
- Main gate
- Sea gate
- Winding Street
- Kardo Street, the main street connecting the main gate and the sea gate.
- The city is built on elven ruins and its name seems to be Elder Speech. It could mean "Velen Marsh" or "Marsh of Velen".
- Lands of the North: Velen in-game book