Warehouse in Silverton
|?? / 4500 |
|Collect 'Em All|
High Stakes is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It involves a Gwent tournament held at the Passiflora and hosted by Count Tybalt. Other contestants include: Patrick Hazelnutt, Bramble Fruntenstroch, Tim Knott, Harald Featherbuns, Bernard Tulle, Finneas and Sasha.
- Round 1: Geralt vs. Bernard Tulle (Northern Realms deck)
- Round 2: Geralt vs. Sasha (Nilfgaardian Empire deck)
- Round 3: Geralt vs. Finneas (Scoia'tael deck)
- Round 4: Geralt vs. Count Tybalt (Monsters deck)
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt is hardly an ace gambler. He has had a few good runs in dice poker tournaments, true, but these were local affairs against opponents whose skill level left much to be desired. A tournament in the world's greatest metropolis – now that was a horse of an entirely different color. The high entry fee and stringent deck requirements scared off amateurs, so only wealthy professionals had signed up. Everything was in place for play at a high level in exciting company – in other words, my friends, for pure pleasure.
- Perhaps Geralt would even have been tempted by Sasha's proposition. Before he could accept it or reject it, however, another double dealer made his presence known. While they were talking one of the participants stole the coin set aside for the reward, beating Sasha to the punch.
- It started with an indecent proposal. Sasha, one of the participants in the tournament, made Geralt a proposition so brazen even his jaded jaw dropped: together they were to steal the coin set aside as the tournament's prize.
- A halfling by the name of Bernard turned out to be the thief. This supposed farmer took the coin and hid with it in one of the city's warehouses. The witcher raced after him and defeated him in a final showdown.
- As for Sasha, she turned out to be a Nilfgaardian agent known as Cantarella. Her cover blown, she had needed the coin so that she could skip town. As part of my duties as a chronicler I must note that before she left, she spent a night with the witcher, conducting various covert operations until the break of dawn.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find the scribe in the Passiflora and sign up for the high-stakes tournament
- Talk to the scribe (100 )
- Return to the scribe with a strong deck and a thousand crowns for the entry fee (-1000 )
- Mingle with the other contestants
- Win your match against Bernard Tulle
- Meet Sasha on the balcony
- Win against Sasha
- Return to the common room
- Win against Finneas
- Win against Count Tybalt
- Check for clues behind the brothel using your Witcher Senses
- Use your Witcher Senses to see where the scent leads to
- Follow the guard to the crime scene
- Investigate the crime scene using your Witcher Senses
- Meet Sasha at the warehouse
- Find a way to get into the warehouse
- Defeat Bernard and his goons
- Climb up into the warehouse
- Check what's going on
- If you agree to help Sasha, you can romance her in the end of the quest. After spending the night with Geralt, she leaves Novigrad, leaving a letter for him.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sasha cheats. The best strategy is to get her to use up as many cards as possible.
- If Geralt defeats Finneas, a fistfight breaks out.