|Kaer Morhen keep|
Kaer Morhen is the first main story quest, and the first quest overall in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It takes the form of a dream where Geralt reminisces about Ciri as a child and his relationship with Yennefer. The dream, however, soon turns into a nightmare when the Wild Hunt appears. The quest also serves as a basic tutorial for combat and movement.
- Every story has to start somewhere. This one starts in the guest room at Kaer Morhen, the stronghold of the witchers in the Blue Mountains. It starts with Geralt taking a bath, disproving the theory that witchers neglect personal hygiene. But as he's bathing, he is brusquely interrupted by Yennefer - does she ever interrupt in any other way? She reminds him that he was supposed to train with Ciri. What could our hero do but bid the sorceress farewell and descend into the courtyard of the fortress. Little did he know this would mark the start of a great adventure.
- As it turned out, all that happened at Kaer Morhen was but a dream... The kind that wakes even witchers, screaming, a cold sweat on their brow. Geralt crouched by the fire and surveyed the land, a land ravaged by war, signs of battle stretching to the horizon. But he had not chosen this campsite for its view - Yennefer's trail had brought him there...
- Go to the lower level
- Talk to Ciri
- Join Ciri in a run along the ramparts down to the lower courtyard
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the key to the bedroom door
- Draw your sword
- Aim at Vesemir and mark him as your target
- Perform a series of fast attacks (3)
- Perform a series of dodges (2)
- Roll out of the way of Vesemir's blows (2)