There are a number of monster nests scattered about the various regions in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. They are often found close to abandoned sites and typically require the use of a bomb to destroy the nest (or nests) to stop the monsters from regenerating and allow the population to return. Bombs which do the trick are: Dancing star, Grapeshot and Samum.
Pontar (Velen and Novigrad)
- 28 locations
- 1 at Hindhold
- 1 by the abandoned huts about halfway along the road between the bridges north of the Border Post and Hindhold (rotfiends)
- 1 on the small island in Lake Wyndamer, northeast of Olena's Grove and northwest of Road to Bald Mountain (drowners)
- 2 southwest of Miller's Lake, in the fields (nekkers)
- 1 southwest of the Garin Estate grounds, in the forst just west of the fast travel marker]] (arachnomorphs)
- 1 at the end of the road north of Sarrasin Grange
- 5 locations
near where Geralt washes ashore on Ard Skellig
shore, south of the Crossroads
north-northwest of the Bay of Winds
- 8 locations
- South of the flooded ruins of the Valley of the Nine (archespores).
- At Rioux-Cannes Outpost (20+150 harpy ×3, Samuel Eide's notes).
- South of Dun Tynne Castle in woods via cave (100 , kikimore).
- Northeast of Basane Farm (20+41 , forktail).
- Southwest of Toussaint Prison (100+4 , archespore ×2).
- Leather-bound journal on body.
- North of Tesham Mutna Ruins (20+34 , giant centipede ×2).
- Love letter from Bella de Gunness on body.
- East of North of Corvo Bianco Vineyard (20+4 , archespore ×2).
- Letter to a father on body.
- Southeast of Francollarts (20+4 , giant centipede ×2).
- List bearing Belgaard's seal on body