|"Mud and Velvet"|
|(see Rewards section below) + up to 9000 XP|
|The Bruxa Contract|
Antoinette is a noblewoman from Beauclair in the duchy of Toussaint that Geralt meets after his audience with the king at the Royal castle at the beginning of Chapter V. Her cousins, Buse, Corbin and Ramerot are in hiding in the refugee caves in the swamp cemetery after incurring the disfavour of the King and now they are completely out of orens.
She gives Geralt 900 , 300 for each cousin and begs him to bring the gold to her stranded cousins. In return, each cousin will give Geralt a receipt which can be redeemed by speaking to captain Jean-Pierre. Or Geralt could keep the cash, after all, but then he will have to fight Jean-Pierre and defeat him (which of course he does!). For his troubles, he gets a nice sword and the cash. He will never see Antoinette again anyway.
- If you forget to speak with Antoinette at the Royal castle, there is no way to go back and speak with her, so this quest is forfeit. When Geralt meets the cousins in the caves, his only option is to say that he has no idea what they are talking about.
- You may encounter the cousins in a different order than the one described below, so your phases may also be in a different order, but that has no impact on experience points or plot development.
- The rewards for completing this quest vary depending on how many receipts Geralt gives Jean-Pierre and whether or not they fight over the remaining gold.
- When Geralt speaks to Jean-Pierre about Antoinette, he can claim to have found as many cousins as he has receipts or fewer. If Geralt does not have all three receipts, he can not tell Jean-Pierre he found all three cousins, but he can still report finding fewer cousins than he actually did.
- If Geralt is holding one or more receipts, the game does not seem to give you the option of telling Jean-Pierre you found no cousins at all. The minimum is one after Geralt has the first receipt.
- At this point in the game, experience is often more important than gold. Geralt gets the most experience, 9000 XP, by gathering three receipts and turning them all in. However, if you intend to fight Jean-Pierre regardless, Geralt can get 8000 XP (plus ~350 XP for the fight) by delivering the money to all three cousins and then reporting to Jean-Pierre that he found only two cousins.
- The The Bruxa Contract should be completed first to avoid missing the quest reward if intending to kill Jean-Pierre.
- For each of the three cousins, if Geralt admits Antoinette sent him, he earns 1000 XP and loses 300 of the 900 she gave him.
- If Geralt denies knowing Antoinette, then he gets no XP from that cousin, and it seems he no longer has the option of trading 300 for one of the three receipts with that particular cousin.
Three Receipts Returned
Two Receipts Returned
- 3000 XP + 2× Devil's Puffball bombs
- At this point, Jean-Pierre asks Geralt to return the remaining 300 .
One Receipt Returned
- 2000 XP + 1× Samum bomb
- At this point, Jean-Pierre asks Geralt to return the remaining 600 .
No Receipts Returned
(After having found one cousin and denying meeting Antoinette, Geralt can speak to Jean-Pierre about this quest. At that point, he will report finding no cousins.)
- 1000 XP + 1× Samum bomb
- At this point, Jean-Pierre asks Geralt to return the original 900 .
Finishing the job
However poorly Geralt completes this mission, if he still gives Jean-Pierre whatever money is left, he also earns an additional 2000 XP.
Money for the Cousins
I promised a female courtier I would deliver money to her "cousins" who hide in the caves in the swamp. Each must receive 300 orens and give me a receipt. I'll need to take the receipt to the mercenary captain in Old Vizima to receive my reward. I must deliver money to the courtier's cousins in the caves in the swamp. (+900 )
Cousin Corbin or Cousin Buse or Cousin Ramerot
Find Corbin first and keep the money: I didn't give any money to cousin Corbin. I should still find cousins Buse and Ramerot. I must still find cousins Buse and Ramerot. or
Find Buse first and keep the money: I didn't give cousin Buse any money. I should still look for cousins Corbin and Ramerot. I should still look for cousins Corbin and Ramerot. or
Find Buse Ramerot and keep the money: I refused to give cousin Ramerot any money. I should still look for cousins Corbin and Buse. I should look for cousins Corbin and Buse. or
Cousin Buse or Cousin Ramerot or Cousin Corbin
Find Buse second and keep the money:
Find Buse second and deliver the money:
Find Ramerot second and keep the money:
Find Ramerot second and deliver the money:
Find Corbin second and keep the money:
Find Corbin second and deliver the money:
Cousin Ramerot or Cousin Corbin or Cousin Buse
The cousins were indeed hiding in the caves in the swamp. Now that I've spoken to all of them, I should see the mercenary captain in Vizima about my reward. I need to see the mercenary captain in Vizima to collect my reward.
A Reward or Receipts
I completed the task assigned to me. I completed the task. (2000 XP)