"The Cave of Dreams"
|Cave in southwestern Ard Skellig|
|~50 / 80|
The Cave of Dreams is a quest Geralt undertakes along with Blueboy Lugos and his men, Jorulf the Wolverine and Uve Jabberjaw. The four men take a concoction of hemlock, poppy, nightshade, and henbane and enter a hallucinogenic state.
- Lugos, Jarl of Clan Drummond, might indeed have been as mad as they said, but when the need arose he could calculate as coolly as the sanest of men. When Geralt was brought before him to be tried, he resisted any howls for blood braying in his unhinged mind and instead let the witcher go, thus banking himself a debt of gratitude with a man well able to repay it. He then transferred that credit to his son, sending Geralt off to help Blueboy Lugos traverse the nightmarish Cave of Dreams.
- According to legend, those foolhardy enough to enter the Cave of Dreams must confront what they fear most. Sometimes the past returns to haunt them - others, the future, prematurely exposed, strikes terror in their hearts. Geralt, Lugos and their companions knew they must fortify their courage to face such a challenge, and so prior to penetrating the cave's bowels put themselves into a trance using a mixture of hallucinogenic herbs. This concoction proved all too potent - even Geralt, who had imbibed more psychoactive substances than most men have milk, soon lost all contact of reality...
- If Geralt declines payment for the task:
- After a bumper crop of wild adventures (many of which, to be frank, I have a hard time believing actually took place), Geralt awoke in the same place where he had earlier partook of the brain-addling herbs. Young Lugos thanked Geralt for his help and cleared him of all debts to Clan Drummond. Geralt returned to his path, swearing that, in the future he would think twice before stepping into Skellige taverns...
- If Geralt demands payment for the task:
- After a bumper crop of wild adventures (many of which, to be frank, I have a hard time believing actually took place), Geralt awoke in the same place where he had earlier partaken of the brain-addling herbs. He expected young Lugos, fresh from the same experience, to bid him a fond farewell. Yet the young warrior had in the meantime discovered Geralt was obliged to help him as repayment for a debt, and yet still had demanded payment for his services. Lugos gave him the promised gold, but it was clear that Geralt, though substantially richer, had lost the respect of Clan Drummond's heir.
- Join Blueboy Lugos and his crew outside the Cave of Dreams (40 )
- Explore the Cave of Dreams with Blueboy Lugos
- Face your nightmares in the Cave of Dreams (4x 2 )
This quest automatically fails if Geralt does not complete it before the massacre at the banquet during King's Gambit.