"The Gangs of Novigrad"
|200 / 300|
Count Reuven's Treasure
An Eye for an Eye
The Gangs of Novigrad is one of the secondary quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- When Geralt entered the Novigrad bathhouse, he happened to walk in on a meeting of the head of the city's criminal underworld. Becoming an unwitting participant in their conversation, he learned of the conflict between the triumvirate made up of the King of Beggars, Sigi Reuven and Carlo "Cleaver" Varese on the one hand, and Whoreson Junior and the unknown powers backing him on the other. Cleaver in particular wanted Whoreson gone and offered Geralt help in finding and getting to the bastard, which suited Geralt's interests. They say hands aplenty make the light work, and Geralt had every reason to believe this applied to gang warfare as much as it did to cleaning a barn, so he graciously accepted the gangster's offer.
- Geralt did not find Whoreson during his search with Cleaver's men, but do not think his time was wasted. The witcher smashed his way through a fair number of public mingling spaces and slaughtered a great many armed men of diverse social backgrounds, gaining in the doing a unique look at the complications of daily life in the Novigrad underworld. Enriched with this knowledge, Geralt continued his search for Whoreson alone.
- Think over Cleaver's offer to help you find Whoreson Junior
- Talk to Cleaver
- Meet with his henchmen and wreck the casino and arena
- Return to Cleaver
- It is necessary to follow this quest all the way through before branching off to one of the related quests. In particular, players should not follow the Get Junior questline while working for Cleaver! (The "Get Junior" quest is updated during this quest causing the quest tracker to suddenly switch to this questline.).
- You can investigate Junior's house though, before proceeding with The Gangs of Novigrad, which is focused on the casino and the arena.
- Geralt should meet Cleaver's henchmen and do as it was agreed. You may need to look around for them, e.g. when about to visit the arena.
- If Geralt enters the arena without meeting the dwarven bandits, he will not get the full reward from Cleaver, even if he later joins the fighting dwarves and wrecks the casino, too.
- After you clear the arena of Junior's things, you can investigate the area for clues about Whoreson Junior, before talking to Cleaver.
- The quest will fail if the player does not talk to Cleaver.
- The quest will fail if the player talks to Radovid and Vernon.