"The Play's the Thing"
|935-1260 / 10-130|
A Poet Under Pressure
The Play's the Thing is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- As you surely recall, Geralt knew Ciri had been in Novigrad, that she had contacted Dudu and me and that afterwards all three of us had plummeted straight into a writhing snake pit of trouble. The last person to have seen Ciri was yours truly, but I, too, had disappeared without a trace. Geralt accurately surmised that Dudu would be the easiest of our ill-fated trio to find. He went to the one person who could help him do this – Priscilla.
- It should be noted that Priscilla counted an imcomparable ingenuity amongst her many virtues. Barely had Geralt explained the problem when she hit upon a solution. Dudu had taken on some unknown form and gone into hiding. Their only hope of luring him out – a clear sign from his old friends in Madame Irina's mummers' troupe.
- Priscilla thus decided to put on a play – one Dudu would be sure to attend and that would clearly convey it was safe for him to reveal himself. Geralt agreed to the plan and the two got down to work.
- The play was a success. Although not the finest spectacle to ever grace the Butchers' Yard, it more than sufficed for Priscilla's purposes – Dudu attended the play and revealed himself at its end. Geralt quickly pulled him behind the curtain and began questioning him about me and Ciri. This is how the witcher learned I was a prisoner of the Church of the Eternal Fire.
- Tell Priscilla what you've learned about Dudu.
- Help write the script of the new play (300 )
- Take the script to Irina Renarde
- Head to the docks and hire ushers for the play
- Defeat the strongmen from Metinna
- (Optional) Recruit jugglers from the performing troupe called the Puffins (150 )
- Get rid of the thugs lurking outside the Puffins' house (25 )
- Talk to Irina Renard and start the play
- Perform the play (500 ) (plus mutually exclusive bonus below)
- Did not choose the drunken prince (110 / 30 )
- Choice of actress (mutually exclusive)
- Talk to Dudu in Irina Renard's room
- If Geralt helps the Puffins to get rid of Fatso's thugs, they'll perform in the street to advertise the upcoming play.
- If you choose the play to be a drama, rather than comedy, in the end of the play Fatso and his thugs instigate the crowd to attack, and Geralt, Sofus, Hal and other ushers have to defend the troupe against the angry mob.