The The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt contains a multi-region world with diverse locations. They include:
- White Orchard, the starting region, located east of Vizima. Players may return here after completing the prologue.
- the Royal Palace in Vizima, while small, this area is also distinct from other parts of the map. This is where most of Geralt's interaction with the emperor takes place.
- The Skellige Isles, an archipelago consisting of six major islands and dozens of smaller islets off the west coast of the Continent.
- the area of Kaer Morhen, which includes the valley and the keep
- Toussaint, introduced with the "Blood and Wine" expansion
Major areas in the Pontar (undivided locations on the same world map):
- Velen – No Man's Land, a former Temerian province now under Nilfgaardian occupation
- the Free City of Novigrad, the continent's largest city
- Southern parts of the Redanian kingdom located east of Novigrad's outskirts, including the city of Oxenfurt