|This article is about the pen-and-paper RPG. For other uses of The Witcher, see The Witcher.|
Cover of the main Handbook
|Michał Marszalik, Maciej Nowak-Kreyer, Michał Studniarek, Tomasz Kreczmar|
|Jarosław Musiał, Tomasz Fruń, Tomasz Kreczmar|
|Piotr Czerkas, Tomasz Łaz, Jarosław Musiał, Paweł Moszczyński|
|pen-and-paper role-playing game|
|2-4 players and gamemaster|
Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni (English: The Witcher: A Game of Imagination) is a Polish pen-and-paper role-playing game based on Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher series, written by Michał Marszalik, Maciej Nowak-Kreyer, Michał Studniarek and Tomasz Kreczmar, and published by MAG. It was mostly based on the books themselves, although some of the details, as well as the cover and some of the interior illustrations, were taken from The Hexer movie.
- 1 Expansions
- 2 Characters mentioned in game
- 3 Gods & religions
- 4 Spells
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Notes
- 7 2nd Edition
- 8 References
- 9 External links
- Gra Wyobraźni: Czas Pogardy. Wojny z Nilfgaardem (A Game of Imagination: Times of Contempt. War with Nilfgaard) - expansion describes history of Northern Wars and political situation after invasion; Nilfgaardian Empire; imperial religion of the Great Sun; Scoia'tael; Hengfors League; guerrillas, gangs and bounty hunters.
- Gra Wyobraźni: Miecz Przeznaczenia. Pokonać fatum (A Game of Imagination: The sword of destiny. Defeat fate) - expansion contain campaign "The sword of destiny: Defeat fate" - history of princess Frissanna, daughter of Maribor's prince Jurkast, cousin of temerian king Foltest. Expansion also describes cult oft Coram Agh Ter; countess Kalitea Glibenese, secret leader of Lionhead Spider in region of Vizima; group of asassins called "Masters of Cutting" founded by Kalitea.
Biały Wilk (White Wolf) magazine
- Biały Wilk 1 (White Wolf 1): All about dryads - focusing on the dryads living in Brokilon; provides the rules for creating a dryad, expanded rules for the use of bows (ie maneuvers), presents a new form of magic - The magic of trees and includes adventure "Wolves of Brokilon"
- Biały Wilk 2 (White Wolf 2): Mysteries of Novigrad - describes the city of Novigrad city and provides the history of the city, a description of the main sites and elevations and a map.
- Biały Wilk 3 (White Wolf 3): The royal secret service - focuses on types of spies, describes the political situation of the world and its intelligence services. Includes the adventure "The spy that was not."
- A fourth expansion, Biały Wilk 4 was planned but never released.
Official articles in other magazines
Characters mentioned in game
In main rulebook
- Hugues de Napeys - founder and first Grand Master of the Order of the White Rose
- Cormac - a witcher
- Perignon - mage
- Jezkier - bard
- Thommas Kretschmar gnome, inventor living in Novigrad
- prince Jurkast of Maribor, cousin of king Foltest
- princess Frisanna, daughter of Jurkast
- countess Kalitea Glibenese, secret leader of the Lionhead Spider cult in the region of Vizima
- Dukes Woderic and Ponderic of Gemmera
- Duchess Dairida of Gemmera
- the Dragonfly
Gods & religions
in Nothern Kingdoms:
in Nilfgaardian Empire:
- cult of Great Sun
- Artefact compression (Kompresja artefaktowa)
- Charm (Urok)
- Cure (Leczenie)
- Fireball (Piorun kulisty), in the Season of Storms also named Fulmen sphaericus
- Fiery net (Ognista sieć)
- Fly (Latanie)
- Hypnosis (Hipnoza)
- Identification (Identyfikacja)
- Illusion (Iluzja)
- Levitation (Lewitacja)
- Lock (Blokada)
- Magic arrow (Grot), in the Season of Storms also named Sagitta aurea
- Paralysis (Paraliż)
- Protection (Ochrona)
- Purify blood (Oczyszczenie krwi)
- Pyrokenesis (Pirokineza)
- Scan (Skanowanie)
- Silence (Knebel)
- Telekenesis (Telekineza)
- Transformation (Transformacja)
- Images from the game are found here.
- The Witcher computer game is not based on Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni in any way, and contradicts it in some of the details.
The second edition of the game was in the making from 2003, but the premiere was repeatedly postponed. Finally, due to a conflict between the authors and the publishing house, work on the book was suspended.