"Wild at Heart"
|Blackbough and nearby forest |
|notice on the village notice board in Mulbrydale|
|Accept Margaret's offer:
Let werewolf kill Margaret:
Protect Margaret from werewolf:
Wild at Heart is one of the secondary quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- While muddling around the well-shaded village of Blackbough, Geralt happened across a notice. It stated a hunter named Niellen was looking for any help he could get in finding his wife, who had disappeared in the nearby woods a few days earlier. Geralt, already deep in a search-and-rescue vein, decided to help find the woman.
If Geralt rejects Margaret's offer:
- The story of Hanna's disappearance had a tradic end. It turned out she had been killed by her own husband. He did not do this on purpose, however. Afflicted with the curse of lycanthropy, he would hide in the forest during his transformations in order to protect his friends and loved ones.
- Hanna's sister Margaret knew this secret, and had one of her one - she was in love with Nielen and fiercely jealous of Hanna's life with him. She decided to take Hanna into the woods to watch her husband's transformation, hoping she'd then abandon him in disgust. Sadly, Hanna was careless enough to draw the werewolf's attention. Margaret was able to escape, but her sister was not so lucky. Niellen, transformed into a bloodthirsty beast, slaughtered the love of his life with his own hands.
If Geralt agrees to cancel the search:
- While Geralt was combing the woods for signs of the missing woman, he came across Margaret, Hanna's sister. The woman asked the witcher to abandon his search and tell Niellen his wife was dead. Margaret thought the sooner Niellen came to terms with his loss, the sooner he would be able to put it behind him and start living his life. Geralt decided this made sense and agreed.
- Talk to the hunter named Niellen.
- Talk to the neighbours, one person Geralt can talk to is an old woman and a younger woman named Glenna.
- Search for signs of Hanna in the woods using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the werewolf's lair using your Witcher Senses.
- Search the werewolf's lair.
- Enter the cave.
- Defeat the werewolf.
- If Geralt decides to abandon the search for Hanna at Margaret's request, the quest won't fail and Geralt will receive 130 and 65 reward instead of a mere 50 and 0 (though he will not receive the Diagram for Shiadhal's armor and Werewolf mutagen).
- The Isolated Shack contains Niellen's notes which provide a clue to the nearby goings-on. Once the quest is complete, the locked chest inside the shack contains the Diagram for Shiadhal's armor. If Geralt allows the werewolf to kill Margaret, the shack will be empty, otherwise Margaret is there sitting on a chair, crying.
- Whether Geralt lets the werewolf kill Margaret or protects her - the journal entry remains the same. In the second case Geralt must fight the werewolf a second time and his remains will contain Niellen's key as well as a Werewolf mutagen.